Sunday, 19 January 2014

The Road Not Taken

The reality of life always shows us something. They either gives the positive aspects or the negative aspects. We are always been grounded by the pre notion of reality. What ever we learn in live throughout till date is nothing but our believes. They actually helps us to guide but unknowingly we don't know whether it is the truth we are running after or the wrong path.

There is a beautiful poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Forst.


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;        5
 
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,        10
 
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.        15
 
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.        20
 

In every stanza there are hidden meaning it about one's life what is the truth about being isolated and take a big decision in Life. These are the experiences that every person face in his or her life. These are the problem that makes are experience to take different decision at different level. Actually the make us a "Decision Tree" a concept in Production and Operation in Management Style. Here with our age old experience and knowledge we want to take a decision and carried forward to look what will be the aftermath.

In the last stanza of the poem, Robert Forst says,

"And Miles to go before I sleep , and mile to go before I sleep"

This means I need to accomplish many unfinished  work before I die. There are lots of small and big works to be accomplish in your life prioritise these works and sequence them in order so to give importance to those work that are very essential to do before hand and the rest should be done afterwards which are very low in importance and have very less importance. then you will find everything is going to be in place with perfect order.
Post a Comment